Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Seven years. No itch.

My husband and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary this week.  Well, we didn't exactly celebrate it since he's currently 7,000 miles from home, but you get the idea.  Wow.  Seven years.  One of my best friends asked me this week if it seemed like seven years.  She seemed to think time had flown by, and my husband tends to agree.  Not me.  For me, our seven years feels like so many more--but in a good way.

You have to admit, we've had a busy seven years.  We've lived in three states (four if you count a brief stint in Altus, Oklahoma) and endured our fair share of deployments and TDY's.  We've transitioned from my sexy little Supra through three other vehicles more suited for family life.  Then there are the children.  We have filled our family with three little ones that continue to amuse, amaze, and annoy us.  Like I said, we've been busy.

So when I say it seems like we've been married much longer, you can see why.  Many husbands and wives stay in one place, space their children 3-4 years apart, and only spend an occasional night away from each other.  I like to think that our marriage has already survived what some might consider a lifetime of adventures, and we're only seven years into it.  And I like to think that's a good thing. 

Maybe one day the years will seem to pass quickly.  Maybe our lives will slow down, and we'll plant roots for awhile.  Maybe not.  But there's one thing I'm confident will remain the same...ours will continue to be a marriage strengthened by our experiences, strengthened by time, strengthened by each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment